The Governor has declared a State of Emergency due to the winter storm heading to the Commonwealth. I wanted to share some other useful links and information. Please be safe and check on your friends and neighbors.
Helpful links and resources
The Commonwealth winter weather preparedness website.
Shelter Locations: Call 2-1-1 for Shelter Location or https://www.211virginia.org
Road Conditions: Call 5-1-1 for road conditions or https://www.511virginia.org
- Dominion Virginia Power outages and downed wires: 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357); follow restoration efforts at www.dom.com.
- Central Virginia Electric Cooperative: 1-800-367-2832
- Rappahannock Electric Cooperative: 1-800-552-3904
- Appalachian Power: 1-800-956-4237
- Public roads: Virginia Department of Transportation: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)
- Private property: Removal is the property owner’s responsibility. Be aware of the risk of chain saw injury during tree removal. Use a chain saw safely to clear debris. If a tree has hit your home, call your property insurance company before starting the removal process.